Alachua County EMWIN Project

Alachua County EMWIN Project
Free local area severe weather bulletins!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Busy, Busy...

I've been so busy past couple of months.

I just finished revamping the ACEMWIN-HURR-L Hurricane Bulletins List to allow users to now be able to pick and choose which bulletins they want. That's a big change. Before, they were sortuh forced to have to take what we sign them up for and when hurricanes would actually come, they'd get overloaded. I fixed that so that the user can now turn the various bulletins on or off by their own choice. Took a little researching in the UF's Listserv docs, and in the EMWIN software docs; but I finally figured it out.

I also created Blogspot blogs for me, Alachua County SKYWARN, and the Alachua County EMWIN Project.

As well, I created Twitter accounts for me, Alachua County SKYWARN, and again, the Alachua County EMWIN Project. The AC-EMWIN Twitter account is being sent the latest local weather bulletins.

My next project will be a monster suite of UF Listserv listgroups for Alachua County and surrounding counties. Users will be able to choose which weather bulletins they want to receive, for Alachua and each surrounding county. This is a major project.

Of course, it's all available to the public for free as a public service...and because I'm a nice guy.

God I work so hard and get NO credit for it. (sniff!) :) Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment